Fortitude is a new studio based in Guildford, UK, dedicated to building innovative and creative games. By spring-boarding from parent company Mediatonic’s wealth of experience and connections, we’re growing quickly and pouring heart and soul into developing exciting titles that provide players with surprising, polished and high-quality experiences that are able to cut through a crowded marketplace.
We are looking to hire highly-motivated and talented individuals with the passion and skills to deliver premium-quality games from day one, while growing as part of a small team working with original properties and highly-acclaimed IPs to create a world-class games studio.
We are currently looking for a Senior Game Designer to join the studio and take on significant responsibilities on one of our mobile free-to-play titles in development, working directly under our Studio Lead Designer.
- Vision - Help to craft and establish the vision of new games and features for the desired player experience
- Design - Create and implement innovative game designs and review, tweak and balance gameplay to iterate on existing ones
- Collaboration - Liaise across other disciplines and roles within the company to facilitate a holistic approach to development
- Problem solving - Proactively mitigate risks and troubleshoot design issues from a creative standpoint
- Team-player - Be an active contributing member of our studio design team and help us to increase the design quality of the studio
- Communication - Maintain robust and frequent communications with the team, other designers, and studio leads
- Champion - Evangelize to other members of the team and the rest of the studio, helping them to understand the vision and design of our games
- Documentation - Create and maintain detailed design documentation, flows, charts and diagrams
- Awareness - Maintain up to date industry and market awareness, ensuring the games remain competitive
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Awareness of past, current and future trends and opportunities
- Game Design experience, having shipped more than one successful game
- Great instinct and understanding of design mechanics, systems and direction
- Experience with long term gameplay loops and meta-game systems
- Fascination for finding new and better approaches to game design problems
- Open and inclusive approach to design and a respect for those around you
- Ability to know when to stick to the plan and when to adapt to the situation
- A drive to learn, improve and share
- Strong track record on PC or Console titles
- 5+ years' experience in game design positions
- Strong prototyping, pitching and ideation skills
- Experience of several full development cycle
- Experience with different business models
- Experience managing, and/or mentoring others
- Experience working in Unity engine
- A likable and approachable personality, with a desire to collaborate with and motivate those around you.
In addition to a portfolio and CV, we would like to hear a little extra from you.
Please include with your application no more than one A4 page detailing:
- What attracted you to this role?
- What you believe you can offer that is unique to yourself?
We are a small studio in the heart of Guildford working on flagship titles to put Fortitude on the map.
Our staff includes multi-BAFTA nominated talent and games expertise spanning more than 10 years. We have a close and highly-developed working relationship with parent company Mediatonic and their extensive network and support, meaning that we are taking on large-scale challenges and growing more rapidly than would otherwise be possible.
We look forward to your application!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying